Monday, February 8, 2010

New Lunch Plan

This week's results: Though I was hoping (ok, wishing) to lose 4 pounds this week, I knew that it wasn't very likely. Though this really is week 23 (is that really possible?!), it is like a "week 2" since last week was my first week back. That being said, I did manage to lose 1 pound, making the two week total 6.5 pounds. I am still 3 pounds from my pre-Christmas weight.

Today during lunch, two of my co-workers and I decided on a lunch plan. Each one of us will cook lunch one day each week and bring it for the three of us. The only rule - the meal must be 500 calories or less. I love this idea because there are so many recipes I want to try, but hate having to commit to eating that same meal for 4, 6, or sometimes even 8 meals! My first day to cook for everyone is tomorrow. Since the meal had 4 servings, I had one tonight for dinner to try it out. I decided to make Refried Bean Stuffed Poblano Peppers. Such an easy recipe, and for 300 calories, a pretty large and filling meal! I decided to add a few baked tortilla chips, a side of salsa, and a dab of sour cream to make the meal 400 calories. Since the meal was pretty easy, I decided to make a 100 calorie dessert as well! The picture isn't great, but it was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. I modified the recipe somewhat for these Mini Cheesecakes with Mini Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Crust. I eliminated the peppermint (just felt too Christmas-y) and instead of making 54 calorie mini muffin size, I made 100 calorie (dropped a few calories for the peppermint candies) regular muffin size cheesecakes. Not a huge dessert, but enough to satisfy the sweet tooth in me! Hopefully the girls like their 500 calorie lunch (with dessert!) tomorrow! I can't wait to see what they bring!



No comments:

Post a Comment