Monday, February 1, 2010

Where Have I Been?!? The LONG Update!

Wow, it seems like it has been forever since I last posted....probably because it has been almost two months! The months seem to have flown by! Just after my last post I went to California for a few days for work meetings. That was where my "diet" began to go off course. Soon after getting back from the trip is when all of the festivities began....Christmas, Rachel's Birthday, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and then several fun showers for Lauren (I thought I would share a couple of pictures of the lingerie shower I threw her!).

Needless to say, there wasn't much time for dieting and working out during the last two months. It was sad for me to see how fast you can put back on weight when not paying attention. For the first time since I started my blog, I am having to admit to a weight gain. I realized when this started, that this would probably happen. I am somewhat glad that it happened over the holidays, since I think that is when most people expect you to get off track. It is hard for me to admit, but over the past two months I gained 9.5 pounds back! That is such a huge number and it just amazes me that a gain like that is possible. It also makes me aware that I don't want that to happen again. This last week was my week to get back on track. I went back to measuring all of my food, writing down all my calories, and working out. It was actually pretty easy to get back into the habit, at least the food part. Working out has always been a little harder for me to be excited about. In order to help motivate me to workout on the treadmill, I decided that I would buy a show on DVD that I was only allowed to watch while working out. I ended up with the first season of Glee, and so far, I am loving it. Since there is only 1 season out so far (13 episodes), I am looking for suggestions for what my next show will be. Something that will suck me in, that I will want to watch, and is preferably hour long episodes. I also got back into finding new recipes for healthy foods. I made a foil packet cod based off of a recipe I found on Kraft Foods. I used minute rice brown rice, a piece of cod, spinach, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, a couple cherry tomatoes and a roasted red pepper vinaigrette. I have always been intimated to try and cook fish at home, but this was so easy! And even better, there is no clean up! You make the whole thing in a foil packet and then just plate and throw the foil away. I made a second dinner from Kraft Foods this week. It is called Quick Italian Spinach Pie and it was absolutely delicious! I modified the recipe by using egg beaters instead of real eggs and added chopped up ham (which doesn't really add any calories when switching out the egg beaters for the real eggs). I made it in a 9x9 square and ate 1/4 of the dish for 300 calories for a meal. It is so cheesey and feels like such a cheat meal...my favorite kind!!

So, after this REALLY long post, I guess you are wanting to know how I did this last week. Happily I get to report that I lost 5 1/2 pounds this last week! Not bad for the first week back on track. I am still 4 pounds up from the last post in December, but hopefully, next Monday or shortly after, I will be back where I was, and the can move forward. Only 4 1/2 months until I hit the big 3 - 0! I need to get busy!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Joanne I LOVE the blog, wish you would write more! watch the OC seasons 1, 2 and 3... they are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete