Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Plan

I have started this blog for accountability, for motivation, and to remind myself of where I have come from and where I am going. I know there are so many people who feel the same way I do, who have the same struggles. If I can help just one person, then my honesty and transparency is worth it. Before photos are placed throughout this post. Hopefully, they are the last photos where I look like this forever!
I debated back and forth on whether I was ready to put my weight and measurements out here for all to see. For those that know me well, they know that NO ONE knows that information about me. Last night, I was ready to post it for all to see. Today, I am not so sure. I don't think people realize how big I actually am, and I am ashamed to tell them. I don't think people have a clue what size I wear, what my measurements are. I tell people I have 100 pounds or more to lose, and they don't believe me!

Here is where my blog comes in...

Accountability

In order to keep me accountable, my goal is to post daily regarding my food consumption and my exercise. This will help me stay on track and not cheat. I am going to post weight loss every Monday and inches lost the first Monday of every month. I will also try to post occasional pictures along with way.

Encouragement
I would love any feedback any of my friends or blog followers have. I would love to know what keeps you motivated, what foods to you love that I should add to my diet rotation, what exercises do you love? I would also love your prayers and words of encouragement as I know this is not something I can do from my own strength alone!

THE GOALS

Weight

I looked up a height and weight chart for females. For me, a 5'2" female, my target weight is 125 lbs. I am going to make that my "goal weight". Right now, this seems very daunting! But I know if I take it one day at a time, I can get there.

Food

The plan is to have a 1,500-calorie diet. My goal is to eat the most calories in the morning with my larger meals being breakfast and lunch. Ideally, I won't be eating after 8 p.m.

Exercise

I ordered a treadmill last night! I have been debating for weeks on what I want to do for exercise. Do I go back to Curves? Do I join a gym or the YMCA? Do I get a personal trainer? But the final verdict....treadmill. There is no excuse about not being able to get somewhere, about the weather is doing, about missing my favorite shows. It will be right there, staring at me, begging me to get on. I have always seen people running, heard friends talk about running, and they all make it seem great! It is never been something I am good at, but it is my goal to work my way up to that...but walking at a fast pace will be where I start. Until the treadmill comes in, I am going to try to find some things to keep me more active.

Before pictures...Argentina in May 2009 and Lauren and I in Chicago in June 2009 (and yes, that is a naked lady statue in the background!)

No comments:

Post a Comment