Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner

I decided to try something new for dinner tonight. I love breakfast food, but hardly ever have the time to actually make breakfast in the morning. Last week at the store, I picked up Fiber One pancake mix and some lite syrup. Tonight was the night to try the new pancake mix. I heated my skillet, mixed the mix (and even added some mashed bananas), and dropped the first spoonfuls of batter onto the skillet. Apparently, I am horrible at making pancakes! I am blaming it on the gas stove (because I never remember having this problem before). The first pancake almost immediately burned on the outside and was completely doughy on the inside. Pancake two stuck to the pan and I couldn't flip it. Needless to say, I did not eat pancakes for dinner as indicated on my food log below. For those of you that don't know, I put together my log at work because I plan ahead for the day which is often how I figure out snacks and desserts. So, instead of my great breakfast for dinner plan, I had a salad with lettuce, 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 cup of brown rice, some salsa and two tablespoons of light sour cream for a total of 315 calories. For my remaining 85 calories, I drank part of a Dr. Pepper (I had been craving a soda today).

For today's random workout I did a Cardio Dance workout on my On Demand. It was pretty good. I liked it better than last weeks Hip Hop Cardio, so at least that is something. I think next week I need to switch back to some kind of strength and toning random workout. We will see what I can find. Any suggestions are welcome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment