Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This is not my week...

Apparently this is not my week for trying to cook new foods. Today, I decided I wanted to have a BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner. I looked up all my ingredients while I was at work and calculated my calories and portion sizes. When I got to the store after work, some of my ingredients weren't there, but I was able to improvise and make it work. I got home, cooked the turkey (one of my last minute changes), preheated the over, shredded the meat, mixed it with the BBQ sauce, laid it all out, went to put it in the oven....and it was COLD! At first I thought that I had forgotten to set the temperature, but no, it was set at 425, but there was no heat at all. I turned it off, let it set, and then turned it back on. I guess I thought maybe the gas didn't catch or something, but no, my over no longer works! Luckily, I live in a duplex and called my neighbor and asked her if she could pop it in her oven...after all, it only needed about 10 minutes to bake. So, after all of that, I finally had a cooked pizza. I decided that I needed to take a picture of it after all that work! This recipe is super simple...shred cooked chicken or turkey (you could even use the rotisserie chickens from the store for even faster prep time), mix with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Kraft's Light Original and it still has a great taste, even for a light!), spread on top of a pre-made crust (such as Boboli - they make a whole wheat one), top with 1 cup mozzarella (of course, mine was with 2% milk - and it still melted great). Pop it in the oven at 425 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, and you are set. My version (with turkey) came in just barely over 450 calories for 1/4 of the pizza. Not too bad! Good thing now I have leftovers and don't have to cook tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment