Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Souffle!!

I don't know what my deal has been for the last few days, but I have just not wanted to blog. I have no idea why, but I have just not been in the mood. It's not that I ate bad things and didn't want to post, it's not that I have or haven't been working out, I just don't know what it is. But, what I realized tonight was, we don't always get to do what we want to do, or we don't always want to do what we need to do. And for that reason, I am forcing myself to blog tonight because it is what I NEED to do. I need to stay strong with posting and keeping myself accountable to everyone out there.

Below is my food for today. As you can see by the chart, there is no dinner posted and there were 770 calories left over for dinner. I met a former co-worker for drinks at a restaurant called Rise, that is right by my house. They might not have the best website, but they do have many other great things. Since our plan was just to have drinks, we settled down at the bar and both order a glass of wine (mine was sparkling, estimated at 95 calories). After talking for a while, we decided we should have a little food and ordered a cheese plate (mine portion I am going to estimate at 300 calories - based off what I know about a serving of Kraft cheddar). As we were enjoying our cheese and wine, the chef came out from the kitchen with a beautiful spinach souffles! He told us that they had an extra one in the kitchen and he would hate for it to go to waste, so we got to indulge for free! If you had asked me before today about the calories in a souffle, I would have had no idea, but luckily, on their menu, they state that the savory souffles have 263 to 413 calories and that the sweet souffles range from 122 to 317 calories. I was shocked! It seems like such a decadent treat that I had no idea had a lower calories content. So, we both ordered another glass of wine (another 95 calories) and shared the souffle (estimated at 178 calories for my half of the souffle if it falls in the middle of the range above), for a total dinner estimated calories of 668, still about 100 calories under the balance. So, when I got home, I had one of my snicker treats that I made last week. I already can't wait to go back, try another souffle, and next time, get a sweet one as well!!

Tomorrow is random workout day....so stay tuned!
Oh, I almost forgot! Today is results day since I didn't post yesterday. As of yesterday morning, I was down another 1.5 pounds for a total of 13 pounds! Finally, a week at over 1 pound. Let's see if that streak can continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment