Monday, September 14, 2009

Week Two Results

I was thinking all about what I was going to write about today and almost forgot it was RESULTS DAY! At this morning's weigh in, I discovered that I was down another 2.5 pounds! For a total of 6.5 pounds for my first two weeks. I will admit to being nervous for week two results since you see the Biggest Losers sometimes only come up with 1 or 2 pounds or even sometimes the dreaded +1!

Today was random workout with my friend. We did Tony Horton's (you might have heard from him, he does the P90X workouts) 10 Minute Trainer. There are several 10 minute workouts to choose from including cardio, abs, lower body, full body, power yoga, etc. The program includes a calendar of which workouts to do on which days and in which combinations. We chose to do the cardio and the abs workout. Maybe you are thinking 10 minutes of cardio and then 10 minutes of abs doesn't sound that hard, but let me tell you....it was! I did better than I thought I would in the cardio workout, but the ab workout....wow! I modified several of them, did some of them for half the time, but finally made it to the end. Talk about a long ten minutes!

Today I also tried something new from KFC, their grilled chicken. Their website allows you to build your meals to calculate calories, fat, etc. You can see my full meal below, but I will say, the grilled chicken was pretty good. I don't know that it will become one of my "go to" low calorie fast foods, but it will be nice to through in the mix. I just think it has been so long since I have eaten meat off the bone. I have gotten spoiled with boneless chicken breasts and tenders! But all in all, a good meal and an good adventure in trying to find new healthy fast foods.





No comments:

Post a Comment